Here are some issues I've noticed. They are not necessarily new at 4.0.8 which I've just upgraded to.
- Coolant gauge always has a red indicator even though the level is at 100%. I've included the parms
[inline:Coolant Gauge Setup.PNG=Parms]
and how it looks on the screen.
[inline:Coolant Gauge Appearance.PNG=Screen]
- Gear indicator is only reporting the gear attained not the gear selected. I've included a screenshot of how this looks on the screen. Before you say it, it's the same for drive and reverse too.
[inline:Transmission Gear Appearance.PNG=Gear]
- It would be helpful to have scroll bars on the main screen. I use this in portrait mode, but design in landscape mode. When in landscape mode I can't see the bottom part of my custom page because I can't scroll.
- When I try to reset the fuelminder or odometer by double clicking they don't seem to work correctly afterwards. It does work correctly if the "Fill" or "Reset" buttons are used.
- For the tankminder could an option be added to use the actual fuel level if the engine provides that data? I have a Freightliner chassis with Cummins engine. PID 96 is the parameter I can use for actual fuel level. I would think you'd want to average the last n values as it fluctuates a bit. I find that the tankminder is great if you don't have this data, but due to fluctuations in temperature, etc it's not as good as having a reported value if available.
- It would be helpful to allow a Text type gauge to be multi-line. I don't see any way to put in a line break or format in any way.
- Designing would be easier if you could group gauges. Then be able to size and move as a group.
- An upgrade process when rolling out new software would be helpful. I don't see anything that tells me what files should be copied from the old release directory to the new release directory. Maybe there should be an upgrade file in the distribution disk files that would do this copy for you.